Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why?

I was outside my store today and happened to look up and see our flag blowing in the wind. I remember when I first got the store and I loved seeing the flag flying high and blowing around up there. I was disappointed because my second thought was that I maybe ought to think about getting a smaller flag next time to save money.
My mind immediately then went to a talk that a friend of mine gave at our fall plan share. He talked to us about the importance of why we do what we do. He said that it was important to not forget why you came to work for CFA and to think about why you were going to operate your store in 2012. I felt guilty as I walked in the store because by allowing myself to think about getting a smaller flag I was really copping out on doing some harder work that concerns profit at our store.
I didn't come to CFA to not rise to a challenge, to not grow and to put temporary band-aids on things. I want to make a difference in the lives of others, be a faithful steward of what I have been entrusted with and carry the baton of CFA as far and as I possibly can. I plan on taking some time over the next week or so and making a little list of "Why's". Why are you going to do what you do this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment